Anti-COVID-19 measures at a glance
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, GS1 Hong Kong have stayed vigilant and proactive to the health and wellbeing of our 8,000 members and staff. We have implemented all-round measures to protect our staff, visitors, members, and ensured our services are accessible to all members as usual while offering flexible options to members in times of adversity.
Message from CEO
Grow Stronger as One – Standing With You in COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is posing unprecedented challenges to the world’s economy, and businesses in Hong Kong cannot be immune. Committed to our members as always, we remain focused on enhancing supply chain connectivity, facilitating omni-channel commerce and fostering industry collaboration, to help members navigate through the downturn.
The pandemic has battered industries badly and thus reshaped the global supply chains. Companies must reassess and sharpen their supply chain connectivity, agility and visibility in order to rebound. Our global standards, coupled with digital technologies, help companies accurately capture and share data throughout their supply chain, not only enhance their response to the markets, but also their supply chain transparency and efficiency.
“Go Digital, Go Smart” becomes the new normal during pandemic. With barcodes bridging the physical and digital world, our standard-based digital solutions help members tap into online opportunities easily and effectively, while ensuring data integrity and accuracy. Data is the new currency, emerging technologies like IoT are accelerating the pace of digital transformation, driving companies to “Go Smart”. We have prepared a series of “Go Digital”, “Go Smart” webinars for members to grow and add value to their operations.
Collaboration is vital in times of crisis. We are in close collaboration and communication with the Government, industry associations and enterprises. As a neutral, trusted partner of businesses, we represent the interest and voice of our members by making recommendations to the Government initiatives, appealing for funding support and fostering a favorable business environment in the difficult times.
GS1 Hong Kong has stayed proactive in protecting the health and wellbeing of our members, staff and visitors, ensuring our services accessible as usual. We have also sped up the barcode application for over 60 companies producing anti-epidemic products, so their products can get to market faster.
The economic tides have quickly turned south and will persist for a period of time, yet we believe together, we can overcome the adversity. We wish you good health, and let’s grow stronger as one and get prepared for a quick economic rebound!
Chief Executive, GS1 Hong Kong
Message from GS1 Global Office
- Videos interview clips of Miguel Lopera, for use by MOs on websites and social media:
- Videos by Marianne Timmons, President, Industry Engagement & Standards Development, GS1, and Robert Beideman, Chief Solutions & Innovation Officer, GS1:
- Videos by Renaud de Barbuat, Chief Operations Officer, GS1:
- Videos by Sanjay Sarma, Vice President of Open Learning, MIT:
Get in touch with us as always:
Telephone: +852 2861 2819
Measures to Protect Our Staff, Visitors and Members
- Special guidelines to staff in response to suspected / confirmed COVID-19 cases / quarantine arrangement
Flexible Training Service Options
1. Classroom Training / In-house / Private onsite trainings
• We offer flexible arrangement as face-to-face gathering is discouraged, by either postponing the training or tailor-made for online session.
2. Free e-Learn Series
• For members to grow and add value to their companies, FREE e-learn series are published on the following topics. Click here to watch.
- E-learn series 5: Smart Operations (latest)
- E-learn series 4: Trust with Traceability (Advanced)
- E-learn series 3: Save with Innovations - Supply Chain Management
- E-learn series 2: Win with Differentiation
- E-learn series 1: Trust with Traceability
Stay tuned for more e-learn programmes.
Anti-COVID-19 Government Fund at a glance
HKSAR Government has set up Anti-COVID-19 fund and other financial aid to provide assistance to industries like retail, food & beverages, exhibition participants or organisers, transport, etc. please visit here for details.
Business can also apply for Technology Voucher Programme, a subsidy with ceiling of HK$600,000 for local companies in using technological services and solutions to improve productivity, or upgrade or transform their business processes. We can help facilitate your application process, contact us to know more.
Email：email@example.com Tel：2863 9754
Grow Stronger as One
As the economic tides quickly turn south, we are facing unprecedented challenges ahead. Yet we believe together, we can turn the tides around. We continue to walk side by side with you in improving response preparedness, supply-chain agility and transparency. Only by collaboration will we grow stronger as one.
Min Hong started its handmade satay sauce business over 60 years ago, supplying to…
Besides implementing product barcodes in 2002, the company has been at the forefront…
Carrying the legacy of Shanghai cuisine, Wu Kong Shanghai Restaurant offers…