You must become a full member to obtain GS1 identifiers. Full members can use the GS1 Global Company Prefix (GCP) to generate unique identification numbers for products (GTIN, including EAN-13), shipments (SSCC), locations (GLN), etc.
5 simple steps to get Hong Kong Barcodes for your products
Step 1: Join GS1 HK Full Membership for a unique GS1 Company Prefix starting with “489”*
*A barcode starting with the prefix “489” means the product is operated by a Hong Kong-registered company.
Step 2: Allocate barcode number (Global Trade Item Number - GTIN)
Step 3: Generate barcode image (EAN-13)
Step 4: Print barcode image (EAN-13)
Step 5: Test / Verify printed barcode (optional)
You need to submit:
- A completed GS1 Hong Kong Full Membership application form
- A copy of your company's Business Registration Certificate
- Proof of employee headcount, such as employee insurance documentation or MPF certificate
- Payment Method: Bank transfer, or credit card /PayPal
- If making payment by bank transfer, a proof of payment payable to 'GS1 Hong Kong Limited'
3 membership categories:
|Membership Category||Number of Employees||Entrance Fee (HK$)||Annual Fee (HK$)||Total (HK$)|
|C||100 or above||9,290||14,600||23,890|
Application will normally be processed in 3 working day upon receipt of all the documents and payment mentioned above.
If you have further queries, please feel free to contact us.
Your membership benefits
A barcode starting with prefix 489 means that the product is operated by a Hong Kong-registered company. GS1 HK will assign a unique identification number to your company on “license” basis, just like your business registration number.
After joining our Full Membership, a unique Company Prefix “489” will be assigned to your company and you will be entitled to enjoy:
Authorized Hong Kong barcode numbers (489)
- At least 1,000 GTINs.
Free Usage of BarcodePlus Platform
– Cloud-based product and location information platform allowing you to update your product information which enables you (i) to generate 1D and 2D barcodes for your products, (ii) to provide accurate and trusted information to your trading partners and consumers.
GS1 HK 1QR
– Enables you to connect directly with consumers and helps build consumer confidence by providing diverse product information, e.g. product specifications, promotions, incentives, certifications and more…
Barcode Scan @WeChat
- Tap into the opportunities brought by 1.26 billion active users on WeChat.
China Customs Import Filing
- Input of GTIN (product barcode) in online import declaration form, facilitating fast and efficient import customs clearance.
Free Barcode & Digital Workshops
– Complimentary training on GTIN allocation rules, barcode utilisation, product digital identity, online searchability...
Free Barcode Symbol Testing
- Entitled to 10-30 free Barcode Symbol Testing Service to avoid rejection from retailers due to wrong size or printing of GS1 barcodes.
Access to GS1 HK networking & anchor events
- Priority in joining GS1 networking events.
- Member's rate in joining GS1 HK anchor events including Annual Members' Dinner, GS1 HK Summit, etc.
“Committed to providing our customers with a diverse range of quality frozen…
Background Ports play an important role in the supply chain acting in the first…