Selling on eBay
How to become an eBay seller?
Sell on eBay
To start your e-commerce business with eBay, you are recommended to get a unique product identifier such as GTIN (barcode numbers), to get your products listed and sold. You can get the GTIN directly from GS1. With the product barcodes, buyers can find your products easily and quickly on eBay and when using search engines such as Google.
We’re here to help you with the new product identifier requirements for listing against eBay's product catalogue
From June 2015, eBay started requesting the use of product identifiers (ebay product id search) on listings – making it quicker and easier for buyers to find and compare products on eBay and search engines. They have continued this programme and include more categories with each seller release.
GS1 GTINs are unique product identifiers to facilitate ebay product id search that sit under the barcode on almost every product, or against online listings. Previously referred to as an EAN in Europe or UPC in the USA, the GTIN is the correct term. eBay are now using these same numbers as product identifiers.
Another benefit of using GS1 GTINs on eBay is that
Get a Product Identifier (GTIN)
1. Register as GS1 HK member
2. Log in to BarcodePlus – a product information management portal - to obtain barcode numbers with prefix ‘489’ that indicate the products are supplied by a registered company in Hong Kong
3. Enter the barcode numbers to list your products on eBay
3 membership categories:
|Membership Category||Number of Employees||Entrance Fee (HK$)||Annual Fee (HK$)||Total (HK$)|
|C||100 or above||9,290||14,600||23,890|
Start a hands-free online business on eBay with the Global Dropship Platform. eBay sellers, possessed with in-depth knowledge of individual markets and expertise in selling goods worldwide, will select products from our Global Dropship Platform to sell on their eBay shops. In addition, they help suppliers identify the most appropriate markets to sell in, and adapt the marketing strategy to work more effectively. By joining the dropship platform, you can effortlessly manage your ecommerce business, connect with top-rated eBay sellers and get products listed on the eBay global marketplace.
By adding product barcodes to your eBay listing, you can reach the extensive eBay best seller network, whom can easily search and select your products they are looking for in specific categories to sell on their eBay stores (ebay product id search). You will be notified when buyers place an order and make payment so you can pack and ship the order to the customer directly, which offers you a low-cost and low-risk way to open up overseas markets and gain international exposure.
How can eBay dropshipping benefit you?
Low cost to open up overseas markets
• Save cost and effort in searching buyers around
• Start selling online without e-commerce resources or skills needed
• Enjoy exclusive discount offered to GS1 HK members
No impact on existing sales channels
• Set different prices in different regions and limit the stock level for sales channel management
• Open up new markets instantly without impacting existing sales channels
Receive payment before delivery
• Do not need to invest heavily in inventory
• Improve cash flow by receiving payment before goods delivery
Simple order and delivery procedure
• Manage order fulfilment easily via the one-stop platform integrated with eBay systems including logistics, order information, customs clearance forms, etc
• Enjoy all-round expertise and support
How it works
- GS1 HK Members upload product information onto dropshipping platform
- eBay Sellers select products on the platform to sell on their eBay shops
- eBay Buyers place orders to eBay Sellers
- eBay Sellers place orders to GS1 HK members
- GS1 HK members process order and arrange goods delivery
“The brands that BNM distributes are known for “high price-performance ratio” with…
“eBay Sourcing Matching Platform takes our business international by selling onto…
“Online retail will continue to grow exponentially in the digital era. Our e-shop…
“GS1 Hong Kong created a perfect opportunity for us to scale up our…