The 6th GS1 HK Food Safety Forum
Themed "The Power of Innovation for Food Safety" this year, our annual Food Safety Forum will bring together the collective wisdom of over 300 industry experts and practitioners to improve food traceability practices as well as to drive effective adoption of international standards and technology for food management systems, thus mitigating food risk along the end-to-end supply chain, building consumer trust and enhancing brand image.
Industry experts will share and provide an overview of the integrated industry approach on food safety technologies and standards, insights on trust and transparency, as well as innovative technologies that helps to improve food safety and protection to consumers. Success cases from retail, manufacturing, catering and logistics industries will also be shared.
The award presentation ceremony for Quality Food Traceability Scheme will also be held to recognise enterprises which demonstrate excellence in food safety and traceability practices.
Innovative technologies are driving disruptions in the food sector, especially under the “New Normal”.
Themed “The Power of Innovation for Food Safety” this year, the 6th GS1 HK Food Safety Forum was held on 15 January, 2021. Though the event was held virtually, we remained connected with industry practitioners via interactive sessions, and inspiring topics discussed and shared by speakers from overseas, China and Hong Kong. 20 companies were crowned in the “Quality Food Traceability Scheme” Award Presentation.
Dr Chui Tak-yi, Under Secretary for Food and Health, delivered an opening address online, highlighting the importance of a more digital traceable food system enabled by legislation, technology, innovation and big data analysis. May Chung, Chairperson of Hong Kong Food & Beverage Industry Advisory Board of GS1 HK and General Manager of Nestlé Hong Kong Ltd, also supported the occasion by delivering a welcome address, and encouraged the food industry to join GS1 HK’s newly launched Trusted FoodNet - a platform for food & beverage suppliers and restaurants to show credible information and certifications about their food & beverage products, allowing buyers like restaurants and consumers can access the information anytime, anywhere.
Industry practitioners from Nestlé HK, HKTVmall, Ting Hsin International Group (Master Kong/康師傅), Sun Fat Heung (Top Soya/壹品豆品), and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) shared their insights on the latest trends in food safety management, and how they tackled food safety challenges with innovation, technology and global standards.
The annual award presentation ceremony for the “Quality Food Traceability Scheme” was also held to mark the achievement of 20 food-related companies which demonstrated outstanding performance in food traceability, with Hon Peter Shiu Ka-fai, Legislative Councilor and Deputy Chairman of Panel on Food Safety and Environmental Hygiene as one of the award presenters.
View the recognised companies here:
Event Highlights: - Photos:
How can GS1 HK help the Food Industry?
Our food-related solutions:
- Smart Traceability – Build Trust with Transparency
- Smart Operations – Do More with Less
- Smart Professional Services – Drive Supply Chain Digitalisation
- Quality Food Scheme 2021 – Recognition Scheme to Build Consumer Trust
- GS1 HK Training Academy - Create Value via Knowledge
- GS1 HK Trusted FoodNet – Building Trust along Supply Chain
13:45 - 14:15
Interaction section (1)
14:15 - 14:25
- Ms. May Chung, GS1 HK - HK Food & Beverage Industry Advisory Board Chairperson / Nestlé HK Ltd. – General Manager
14:25 - 14:30
Opening Address by Guest of Honor
- Dr. Chui Tak-yi, JP, Under Secretary for Food and Health, Food and Health Bureau, The Government of the HKSAR
14:30 - 14:40
Interaction section (2)
14:40 - 15:00
Food Safety Management at HKTVmall
- Ms. Jessie Cheng, Director of Corporate Communications, HKTV Mall
15:00 - 15:05
Interaction section (3)
15:05 - 15:20
Empowering Consumer Trust: Future of Retail / Catering
- Dr. Jason Liu, Food Safety & Care Office VP, Ting Hsin International Group / GFSI China Steering Committee Vice-chair
15:20 - 15:35
Tackle Food Safety Challenges with Smart Operations
- Mr. Jeff Law, Managing Director, Sun Fat Heung Food Products Ltd.
15:35 - 15:40
Interaction section (4)
15:40 - 15:55
The Power of Innovation for Food Safety
- Mr. Yves Rey, Independent Senior Advisor to Industry Leaders / Former Danone Corporate GM & GFSI Chairman
15:55 - 16:00
Interaction section (5)
16:00 - 16:15
GS1 Hong Kong Quality Food Scheme 2021
- Ms. Heidi Ho, Principal Consultant, GS1 Hong Kong
16:15 - 16:40
GS1 Hong Kong Quality Food Scheme 2020
- Award Presentation Ceremony
16:40 - 16:45
Recap & End of Forum