Lorence & Company Limited
Staying Hungry for New Knowledge of Digital Transformation
“As one of the major stakeholders in the food industry, ensuring food safety is our responsibility and obligation. We hope to take food safety to a higher level via strengthened efforts and share this message with industry experts and practitioners.”
Representing more than 70 brands and thousands of products from Italy, Lorence & Company Limited has contributed greatly to the growth of Italian gourmet and fine wine consumption in Hong Kong and the neighbouring markets. Over the last 7 decades, it has been continuously expanding its operations and reforming its supply chain for the increasing volume of dried, frozen and refrigerated products, to ensure more stable supply and greater efficiency.
Lorence & Company Limited keeps upgrading its storage and monitoring system, customised processing factories, logistics fleet, and other supporting facilities to strengthen its operations and uplift its supply chain traceability. The team is also looking to improve the overall performance and communications between all departments, by sharing latest knowledge with the relevant staff.
Committed to excellence, Lorence & Company Limited joined “Data-Driven Business Models for Food Manufacturing & Distribution Training” run by GS1 Hong Kong Academy. Designed to help participants get a holistic overview of current trends in digitalisation for food business, the training covers 6 key topics:
1. Driving force of digital transformation
2. Game changing technologies
3. Current digitalization level and readiness level analysis
4. Business impacts on data-driven versus non data-driven models
5. Systematic approach on implementing data-driven business model
6. Business simulation exercise: Data-driven business model for a F&B operator They attended the 2-day training and found it both useful and practical.
They know more about the emerging trends of food manufacturing and distribution, its related technologies, tools to analyse current readiness level, also ways to design and implement data-driven operation model. The course was customised for their specific needs, inspiring and equipping them with the essential ideas and skills to apply in Lorence & Company’s business.
GS1 standards used or solution (s) / service (s) applied
• GS1 Hong Kong Academy: Data-Driven Business Models for Food Manufacturing & Distribution Training
1. Acquire knowledge on means to improve traceability for increased food safety;
2. Grasp techniques to plan and design a data-driven business model for future roadmap.
About the Company
Lorence & Company was established back in 1950s. The company has been sourcing various prestigious brands mainly from Italy to cater the customers’ needs in Hong Kong, while putting utmost efforts in sustaining service quality. By keeping stringent regulations and professional management, the company gains reputable certifications like HACCP & GMP and ISO 22000, as well as the trust from many local clients, including hotels, restaurant chains, healthy food shops, in-flight catering corporations and supermarkets.